As I mentioned the other day, we spent a lot of time this summer making new cabinet doors for our Boler.
Our neighbour offered to help us with finishing up the doors, as he’s skilled in cabinetry making. So, a few days after we gave him all the pieces, they came back fully assembled and absolutely beautiful!
We were so excited to get to work that we skipped our evening run and spent night in the garage prepping and painting the doors.
First, we sanded. And then we sanded some more.
Then we used a pre-stain wood condition. (I have no idea why this step is necessary, but the friendly people at Home Depot said to do it and for the minimal extra cost and time we did).
After lots of thought we decided to use a simple wood stain.
And once again I laid out everything on the deck to admire the final product before we installed them.
The latches were a bit of a pain in the butt as we used a different style then previous. We changed the style in part because it was hard to find pieces similar to the original ones, and the trim didn’t lend itself easy to the old style. We ultimately chose to use a style common in modern day trailers, which meant we had to figure out how to make it work with our old fiberglass Boler. We eventually got it, and now the doors lock securely when closed. Hopefully they also stay secure while we are driving!
It was the first, and hopefully last time we will build cupboard doors, and we think they turned out rather well. And honestly, it has completely changed the look of the inside of the Boler.
If you like this post, please feel free to share it and please return to www.ourboleradventures.wordpress.com to follow our adventures.